The retreat restaurant is located in the main house on the top floor. The kitchen & restaurant are the “health heaven” of D’Alijo Retreat Center.
The indoor restaurant and terraces merge harmoniously. The restaurant also has a lounge area for relaxation with two fire places. The big windows offer sweeping views of the property and surroundings.
D’Alijo Retreat Center’s kitchen prepares healthy, flavorful and nutritious vegetarian – vegan food. We use wholesome fresh, local ingredients, where possible we use produce from our own vegetable garden. The dishes we serve are complimentary to the Yogi lifestyle.
Yoga is the guiding principle for the retreats and the food we serve reflects and compliments that. We serve not just healthy Yogic food, but meals that are delicious in their own right. We believe that the right food creates the right mood & energy for people to have a truly memorable retreat experience. All the menus served at our retreats have been a huge hit! So let us surprise and amaze you!
- Our menu is vegetarian and vegan.
- All ingredients are guaranteed to be free from MSG and other taste enhancement agents.
- Use of salt and/or sugar is kept to a minimum.
- We use either unrefined cane sugar or wild honey from our own bees (100% organic).
- We serve vegetables and fruits from our own gardens and trees as much as possible. When necessary, we source additional ingredients from small local producers. Our vegetables are fresh and free from chemical residues.
- We only use pure cold pressed oils in our cooking and preparation of dishes.
- There are many wheat-free dishes available for people with food allergies. If you have any special dietary requests, please feel free to inform us as we are more than happy to accommodate your needs within the scope of our capabilities.